IronSocket is a Hong Kong based VPN service provider established on November 2013. It was a product of the acquisition of HideMyNet.com (a VPN and DNS Proxy technologies company established in 2005 by, Thomas Sensel, Pusa and Daga Hong Kong Limited (President and CEO – Steve Salyer).
It was founded with a mission to provide a secured and reliable internet access and connectivity to users and organizations in all areas. They wanted to create and market a strong privacy tool for online users, so that everybody can enjoy the benefits of a free internet without worrying over the security and safety of their personal information and data.
With IronSocket, you will not have to worry about third parties sharing your personal and sensitive data, for example, your email address or online bank account. By ensuring the privacy of all of their servers, this provider ensures that even if you connect with any open Wi-Fi hotspot, your data won’t be monitored, permitting you to browse the Internet anonymously. Moreover, it does not keep any VPN activity logs. The provider also offers full transparency with regards to activity logs through its public data retention guide. They prove to be extremely open with the different activity log periods for each country where they host a secure VPN server.
• IronSocket offer users access to 3 VPN protocols: OpenVPN (1024-bit encryption for data communication), L2TP (256bit AES encryption) and PPTP (128 bit encryption).
• It also incorporates SOCKS5, HTTP and DNS Proxy.
• It works with all gadgets that keep running on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Linux and Android.
• It additionally supports iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Routers, Wii, Smart TV’s, PlayStation and different gadgets with Ironsocket SmartDNS.
• It permits P2P/Torrent access on the following servers: Argentina, Brazil, Cyprus, Egypt, Iceland, Indonesia, Luxembourg, Netherlands (All 4 servers), Panama, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Ukraine.
• It does not restrict its user’s bandwidth usage, so that they can enjoy their VPN connections as much as they want.
• They also furnish customers with boundless server connect.
Is logging enabled?
IronSocket does not keep track or log of any user’s online activities and records. However, they do collect the email address, password, referral/coupon code utilized, type of membership plan chosen and the payment details that you have provided at the time of registration. Another VPN provider which does not log user data is this one
They also record the time and date of connection and disconnection to the VPN service, the IP address utilized upon connection and the bandwidth usage used during the connection.
How many VPN servers available?
There are a total of 53 servers located across 36 countries. Users can access 106 shared IPs to establish a secured connection. Some other VPN providers with good servers to try out are Mullvad and NordVPN.
Why should I choose this?
IronSocket offers a good set of basic features, and also some that emerge like the DNS proxy, which is included with their plan and packages. Other service providers do not offer this feature or charge extra for it, so that is a point in support for the provider. They also have a decent selection of servers, to ensure that their users enjoy a great internet browsing experience. For more information you can go to their website.
For more on the list of other VPN providers which accept Bitcoin, click here.